In June and July of 2018, I traveled across Oregon to report on assignments for the online travel publication PlanetWare.com. Scouting out the best campgrounds, tourist attractions, and hiking trails of the state, I also covered top-rated waterfalls, hot springs, and any adventure I could find.
Beginning this reporting and photo expedition, I donned my hiking boots and trekked (on foot) the entire 360-mile Oregon Coast Trail carrying my camera and backpack.
Check out these select articles from that three-week odyssey of sandy beaches, impressive sea stacks, and a couple of sore feet:
After exploring the Oregon coast, I hitched a bus back to Portland to explore the city and meet some deadlines. From Portland, the national forests of Oregon were my home for another three weeks, where I searched out all the best hot springs, waterfalls, and hiking trails.
Check out these select articles from this expedition:
For the entire Oregon experience, here is the cumulative list of Oregon articles I’ve published to date on PlanetWare.com:
- 10 Top-Rated Day Trips & Weekend Getaways from Portland
- 10 Top-Rated Hiking Trails near Portland
- 10 Top-Rated Hot Springs in Oregon
- 11 Top-Rated Campgrounds in Oregon
- 12 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Astoria, OR
- 12 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Salem, OR
- 12 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Seaside, OR
- 12 Top-Rated Beach Resorts on the Oregon Coast
- 12 Top-Rated Beaches on the Oregon Coast
- 12 Top-Rated Campgrounds near Portland
- 12 Top-Rated Campgrounds on the Oregon Coast
- 12 Top-Rated Hiking Trails in Oregon
- 12 Top-Rated Small Towns on the Oregon Coast
- 12 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways in Oregon
- 15 Top-Rated Waterfalls in Oregon
- 15 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions & Things to Do on the Oregon Coast
Still want more? Check out this photo gallery from my Oregon adventures: